
This is what I make once or twice a week for my family now...can you believe it?
I, Rishi, have disliked pancakes for more than twenty years. My memory claims that as a child I was fed pancakes every morning for one year. I think it was the baking powder or something, but by the end of the year I wanted to puke and did so quite often. I know, I know, it was all in my head, but after awhile I just refused to eat them anymore.
...until now. A few months ago, as Josiah was getting old enough to eat from the table, I was getting tired of the same thing again every morning for breakfast so I began experimenting and got brave enough to try pancakes.
They weren't to good at first and the first couple of attempts were a month or two apart. But eventually I got better. That was in part due to my father Arrel. He came to visit and suggested that I beat an egg and put it in the batter, making the pancakes fluffier. He also suggested I put some powdered milk in the batter to make them darker.
Both suggestions have been great and now we are happy with our experimintation. So here is hurray for pancakes and two little kids who were the only ones who could make me try them again.
1 comment:
I remember the pancakes usually being raw in the middle. And the french toast was soggy. So where's the recipe, Julia Child?
Post a Comment