Sunday, March 29, 2009

9 points of Gratitude

Sometimes it is so easy for me to complain!
1. I don't want to apply for any jobs.
2. I don't want to get my house ready to move.
3. I don't have the time to accomplish what I WANT to do.
But you know, I forget how blessed I am. I need to be more grateful.
1. I am thankful for a family who love me.
2. I am grateful for four month old giggles.
3. I am grateful not for Josiah's hurt, but his colorful face that says YEL in scratches, from where he fell off the scooter and the colors of healing on his eye from where he slammed into the couch while he was sleeping. He's a boy! I'm grateful.
4. I'm grateful for my daughter being able to write an R after I show her, for her caring about her brothers and for her missing her Dad every day while he's gone to work.
5. I am very grateful to be a wife and work on the puzzle of figuring out how to save us money.
6. I am grateful for inspiration.
7. I am grateful for being able to read my scriptures.
8. I am grateful for a husband who buys me Easter flowers on a really bad day.
9. I am grateful for every ray of sunshine that shines outside right now.]
Maybe if I do a three to one ratio of gratitude to complaining, I can get out the ickys and embrace peace.

2 comments:

chchoo said...

Hey complainer! :) Happy April.

nephi and katherine said...

are you geateful that a tornado didn't hit your house.