Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rishi

I am a mother. That’s obvious. I am a sister. I graduated from college. I have a job (calling) at church. But who am I? Do any of these things define me?

Last Friday the power cord to my laptop got bit. No one was electrocuted, but two hours later the computer died. I am currently waiting for a replacement cord to arrive at my home.

Last night I was in charge of a progressive dinner at my church. I invited about ten people to participate in different aspects of the meal and entertainment. When the evening was over ten women came but it was still one of the best meetings we had ever had. There was real bonding going on.

Last month I had my first paying gig. On the same day I was also offered a full time position at the library. I declined it for monetary reasons.

Today for another hour or two Stuart and I are home alone. (Mike and the other two kids went to spend the night at Mom-Maw’s without me.) I’ve cleaned a bit, put stuff away from last night’s event, and even sewed a couple of inches. Stuart is playing on the floor.

While I never seem to get anything done with three kids in the house, I am finding myself missing the noise. But at the same time I’m grateful for the quietness. I have more reflecting to get done right after I change a poopy diaper and feed Stuart some lunch…

1 comment:

chchoo said...

Glad you got to sew at least a couple of inches. :)