Monday, April 19, 2010

DC Temple Trip

We recently went to the Washington DC temple. Our car doesn't have air conditioning. It gets a little windy so I dress like this.
Traveling
It was a beautiful spring day.
035
While Mike and I were inside the children were involved in a program.
048
Goldie and Josiah both touched the temple.
050
Stuart touched it as well after everyone was finished.
055
047
While admiring the gorgeous view we were also able to go into the visitor's center to see the statue of Christ.
Jesus Loves Us
I especially wanted Josiah to see this. For the last several months he has been excited by pictures of the Christus. He keeps talking about going to see it. As I held him and we looked at the statue together he told me that it almost looked like a God. How right he is!
030
Most of the pictures I attempted to take he is staring at it, adoring it.

It was a fun trip. On the way home we stopped for lunch at a rest stop and had a little fun with Aztec who we'd taken with us.
Rest Stop
It was definitely nice to get away!

3 comments:

chchoo said...

No AC? Sounds like a bit of torture! The pic of Stuart touching the temple is so sweet. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures! I would love to visit that Temple!

Dana said...

Awesome pictures. My family lived out there when the DC temple was being built and have always talked about how beautiful it is. I would love to see it in person someday.