Thursday, November 03, 2011

Teeny Tiny Adventures

Often as the mother of four children there are moments when I feel a little house bound. I am not really house bound, but the effort it takes to load up all four kids seems tremendous. And yet I do it every Sunday, and about half of all school days as we go pick up Goldie.
Courthouse doors-top
So recently as I was driving through town I noticed this lovely door arch on our court house. It makes me think "Art Nouveau" (though I could be wrong) and I determined to take the kids there after school to take some pics.
Courthouse doors
I didn't really want to go inside especially when I noticed you have to go through a screening process.
CH-Ammon
It seems strange to have such an old building gated just on the inside by such modern technology.
CH-Ammon 1
Instead we walked around the outside, took pictures, climbed things, and read the stories about revolutionary war heroes. I declared the outing was to be called our teeny tiny adventure.
CH-Stuart
It was fun to get out.
CH-Josiah
And during the next few days both Josiah and Stuart on separate occasions told me they wanted to go on another teeny tiny adventure.
CH-Goldie
I guess they were feeling as house bound as I was.
4 kids
I hope to find another successful adventure soon.