Thursday, September 06, 2012

Charelston!

Goldie recently went on her first extra-curricular field trip on a bus. (Can I call it that?)
In line
I was more worried about letting my seven year old go that far without a parent than Mike was. They would not allow me to ride the bus, so I drove behind it all the way to Charleston, WV. By the time I found a parking spot at the hotel she was scheduled to perform at I had lost the children.
Tall Building
A quick phone call to Mike told me that they were across the street in the mall at Chick-fil-A. I caught up to them just in time to follow them back to the hotel. I thought it was funny that they were required to hold hands through JC Penny so no clothing would be touched. Goldie thought this was an awesome tall building so we caught it on camera.
Waiting
Then we went back to the hotel to a ready room where we handed out hats and other paraphenilia the children would need to perform. The booster club president redid every girl's hair to make sure it was off of her face. Then they rushed them out into a hallway where they sat down and listened to a book. Before it was finished they rushed them off to wait again, this time right in front of the performance space. The children got so tired of waiting they sat down again.
Performance
Finally it was their turn to perform for the West Virginia School of Excellence Annual Awards Dinner. They did an excellent job. The audience was really tuned into them, more so than when they have performed for parents in Princeton. In fact they recieved a standing ovation.
Fancy Hotels
It was fun to see the experience from the eyes of children who were very impressed by the "fancyness" of the hotel. I was glad that I got accompany them in this latest of Goldie's adventures.

No comments: