Thursday, July 25, 2013

Historical Landmarks - July 12

Next we went down to the Lincoln Memorial. I love this place. It is beautiful, peaceful, and a great place to reflect on our country, or at least that was what I thought the last time I saw it.
187
This time I was chasing four kids, observing it from their perspective along with the thousands of scouts that were there right before the Jamboree.
189
Did something impress Josiah about Lincoln's Memorial or was he just posing?
192
I loved the architecture of this place. Not just because of its grandeur, but also because of how nicely my children fit into it.
193_crop
As we left Ammon and I were behind everyone else and I couldn't resist one more shot right before heading over to the Vietnam Memorial.
195
We have a picture at our house with a man in a business suit touching the wall and his fallen comrades or son are reflecting the in the black glossiness of the wall.
199
So the kids had to copy our picture.
201
See all the scouts out and about? We headed back to the Ballentines after this day's activities.

No comments: