I love taking the kids to the park.
I get exercise, the kids play, we have a good time. We went to this park on January 16th. We spent hours there. I practiced flat footing. It was a gorgeous day and we didn't need a jacket. The next day it stormed. This park is barred to cars about three months out of the year. In March it opens back up and cars always have to be careful so they don't run over the pedestrians they share the road with. To help remind the drivers there used to be speed bumps on the road until the snow plows plowed them down.
The kids had fun playing with and on the broken pieces of speed bump.
When we planned to go on this day, we had read that the weather was warm. I'd been outside for few minutes and I'd even checked the temperature. But when we got there the snow was thicker than we'd hoped for and we had to dig the extra jackets out the of car in order to keep some of the kids warm.
Bridger stayed nice and cozy in his stroller the entire time.
And of course everyone else was attracted to the ice. Soaking wet, cold feet had to be warmed up after this "not so warm" visit to the city park.
No comments:
Post a Comment