Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goldie had a 3rd birthday recently

We've had sickness in our house for a very long time, ever since Goldie's birthday. Millions of loads of laundry and many sleepless nights later I think we are over it. I've got energy and willingness to post anyway.A couple of days before Goldie's birthday we went on a hike at Ma Maw's Here is Goldie looking cute during our walk.
Here she is with her cake near Ma-Maw's house. Her dress and her doll were both birthday presents that she opened before we went to her party.
I made the cake in West Virginia and we took it to Virginia for the party. I was sure it wouldn't make it, but I was pleased and suprised that it did. This is the first time I used fondant to cover the cake and it sure made it BEAUTIFUL! I was suprised at how simple this cake ended up being. Goldie painted her letters on the the cookie sheet. Aren't they awesome!

We joked that Goldie counldn't have her princess cake and that we were going to give her a monkey cake instead. Well, it ended up she got both. Mike said the Princess cake wouldn't be enough for everyone to eat so I put the monkey on this cake and then Goldie and I decorated the rest with all the leftovers from her princess cake. We had way to much cake. But it was a fun birthday anyway!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful cake Rishi and what a beautiful 3 year old princess you have! I am sorry we didn't call to say happy birthday to Goldie, tell her that her cousins in Idaho miss her very much and give her a late birthday hug and kiss for us ok! She probably doesn't even remember my girls! My girls love to check out your blog so we can watch Goldie and Josiah grow. Love you all,
Holly

chchoo said...

Your cakes look GREAT!! Your fondant turned out so nice. You're such a pro. You and Katherine ought to open up shop. I gave up on fondant this month. Happy Birthday Miss Goldie!! I'm sure your mom loves your new pink dress and your new dolly. I bet you can buy a goth doll somewhere on the internet...

chchoo said...

ooh, Holly beat me to the post!

Holly said...

That is so funny! We are posting at the exact same time! Open your IM- lets chat!

nephi and katherine said...

Rishi, It is as cool as I had pictured! ok, we can have a three way shop. we can find somethig that all of us sister & laws can do together!!
Happy Birthday Goldie

chchoo said...

We want new pics from the new camera!!

chchoo said...

All right all ready. So give us a new post!!