Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Magic Dust Number 5

I just wanted to take a quick minute sandwiched between this morning’s school Storytelling performance and tonight’s Relief Society (church) hike and say Whew!

Magic Dust

When I was a Junior in High School I had to get a three on a particular essay in order to graduate. Mrs. Crapo (my Sophomore English Teacher) told me the only way I would get a five(the highest possible score) was to make sure my writing had magic dust sprinkled on it. Here is a picture of the magic dust I sprinkled on the paper and the medal I got for my five.

Many years later, today in fact, I told this story along with a few others at writing camp! I was somewhat worried about it until I read Granny Sue’s blog and realized that I do have a little bit of a writer inside of me and I am continuing to foster it. I thought of my presentation in those terms – that I, as a writer, had something to offer the students as writers, and it went fabulously well! I was soo thrilled.

…And it was my first paid gig! It was totally Awesome!

2 comments:

chchoo said...

congrats on your first paying gig!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I want a paying gig!