Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

We did it! We made Thanksgiving dinner just for us. Mike had to work, of course, so we planned a small family celebration.

Thanksgiving Dinner

It was intended to be sweet and simple, yet somehow it seemed like I was pretty much cooking all day.

Thanksgiving China

I told the kids that we were going to use the dishes that David's Mom had given to us. That neccessitated a trip to the basement and then they wanted to help. They were good at it too.

We made Turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and three kinds of pie. I made my green jello salad and forgot to put it on the table. Nobody besides me will eat it anyway.

We ate by candle light, it was a lovely evening.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too.

2 comments:

chchoo said...

Looks tasty! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Small family gatherings are the best anyway!