Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Update: Two more Birthdays!

'twas the season of Birthdays in our family. I was beginning to wonder where all the extra time was coming from the last few days till I remembered that birthdays and Christmas are all piled up on top of each other in our house.
Birthday Banner
We recently created this simple birthday banner. Mom-Maw hand stiched the letters on and I put the binding on. We've had fun having it up as much as our Christmas Banner this year.
Princess Cake
Last month for my 36th birthday Goldie convinced Daddy that this was the perfect cake for me. And she couldn't have been more right. I've always wanted a Princess Heart Cake. It was just what I needed.
Pecan Cake
Mike went more for the taste. This is the best tasting cake ever. Pecan, pecan, and more pecan. Maybe I'll share the recipie with you. It was shared with us by the Pentacostal ladies down at Mom-Maw's church.
42
And finally, this is the shirt Josiah carefully chose for Mike's big day since it was the age he was turning.

Now that the birthday "season" is complete we have three months to dream of cakes and presents for our lone Golden Girl at the end of April.

3 comments:

chchoo said...

Cool HB banner! Hope you all had merry birthdays

Dana said...

Oh-the princess heart cake is just perfect for you! :):)

nephi and katherine said...

i thought you needed a transformer cake. bumblebee or maybe megatron.