Thursday, January 07, 2010

December Update: 2 SNOW!

December 5th brought with it the first real snow of the season. Good enough to make Snowman Balls. We put Stuart in his snowsuit on the porch and went to it.

Snowman Balls

And later after Stuart was warm and cozy in the house with Dad we finished the snowman with our friend and neighbor Khamrin.

Snowman 2009

Shortly after the picture the snowman was beaten down to the ground. All this snow melted except a little of the snowman which survived till my birthday on the 11th. So I still had a patch that day!

19 inches on the 19th?

Then on the 19th, came the real snowfall. In one night we had about 19 inches. It was the most I've ever seen since I moved east in December 2001.

He's buried

Josiah helped to shovel it off the driveways and walkways, but mostly had fun sinking in it.

Stuart enjoying the snow

Stuart found a better way to experience the snow. For days after this snowfall the kids and I spent at least an hour or two outside shoveling, sledding, and playing in the snow. Mike was at work and so I got to pack Stuart around. It was wonderful! We all enjoyed the wintery bliss of snow!

PS It's still piling up in January. It's great!

1 comment:

nephi and katherine said...

you need to teach those kids "king of the bunker hill". it is a game that will soon be forgotten.