Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our two year old Gingerbread boy

I would have to say that this is Stuart's favorite book:
thegingerbreadman
I practically have the thing memorized. So recently, when we were trying to figure out his birthday plans we decided to throw a Gingerbread man party.
Because of logistics I had to make his cake at Mom-Maw's and bring it home. So the kids got to decorate their Gingerbread Men when we got home.
the party
Stuart had fun
gingerbread decoration
Then it was time for the cake
Cake eating
Stuart was embarrassed that we were singing Happy Birthday to him. He covered his face and kept telling us to stop, but he was very excited about eating his Gingerbread Man cake.
the cake
For a couple of days as the kids were eating left overs Stuart kept pointing to his "MinMin Man" cake as he calls it. He certainly enjoyed it.
Presents
And finally, as you can see- there were presents. I think he liked Goldie and Josiah's best. Josiah's was a story about three gingerbread friends, of course starring Stuart, Josiah, and Goldie. Goldie's was the Gingerbread doll that is in the corner of the pic. She sewed it while I hovered over top of her. And now Stuart sleeps with it every night. I believe our little Gingerbread Man enjoyed his 2nd birthday.

2 comments:

chchoo said...

Such a cool party! I love the cake. I love that he's just digging right in with his mouth. And we need a close up of Goldie's work. It looks like a great little doll! Happy Birthday Stuart!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures turned out well. It was a fun little party. Thanks for letting us crash it.