Thursday, May 01, 2014

Goldie is 9!


Goldie has turned 9! She wanted a new cape, and I went all out. She got two. One short, one long, in her new favorite color.

My beautiful girl has been exploring musicals lately and together we watched the 25th anniversary of the Phantom of the Opera.

And so a Phantom cake was on the menu. I declined making a rose. I've never done that and it seems a whole new learning curve.

We decided on a real one and when she heard about these rainbow roses we agreed to get her one. It was spectacularly colorful.

A week before the date we used Ammon's Captain America mask as a base and made a Phantom mask out of fondant. I probably did it too thick because it never did dry out enough. I didn't know what to do and Mike came to my rescue with marshmallows! They are there, you just can't see them. Also, my black fondant was off so he also came up with the broken glass look. I like it.

It was beautiful and delicious on both the inside and the outside.

But it wasn't just about the cake. That is just one of the birthday's adventures. I got to eat lunch with this beautiful young woman. I got to spend time with her and she is a cherished part of our family. Her smile, her love of her brothers, her joy in discovering life is all a part of who she is, who she is becoming. We love you Goldie. We are blessed by you. We are glad we got to spend time with you on your special day.


No comments: