Tuesday, September 02, 2008

From Emmeline to Emma


I know, I know two old women. Am I crazy? Well, I think that I am beginning to recover from five plus years of writing a thesis.

Not actually writing a thesis, but I'm beginning to recover from five plus years of feeling guilty and then working and then feeling gulity, and well, you've got the picture. In the meantime I married, had two pregancies and children and moved a couple of states away.

Now I'm reasearching another story. That of Emma Smith. I named my daughter Goldie Emma after her. She was the wife of the first President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She was about a year and half older than her husband and very well educated for her day and time. Her husband on the other hand, was not.

Anyway, I hope to create a fifteen minute story in the next couple of months. I have a possible performance set for November 8th. I've been wanting to devour the book that I've been reading about Emma. I read the first chapter and dutifully took notes. Then its been hard because I can open to any page and fine out amazing things about this woman. I just want to skip around.

But I'm going to discipline myself and over the next few months I can report my progress on this interesting new character I've developed an interest in.

No comments: