What does it mean to be a mother? I remember being a youth and all my teachers would say that one day I would wake up and realize that I was my mother. I vigourously denied that. I love my mother, I just wanted to be Rishi not Marcia.
But many years later as I sometimes question why I do certain things, I realize or learn that my mother did the same thing. My reasoning was along logical lines, but then I learn she had already made the same desicion. So am I a duplicate Marcia?
Maybe, but isn't that what we have children for? So they can become like us? So that some of our good habits, good thoughts, and and good deeds can live on through the generations?
I don't have all the answers. I do believe my mother is a noble and good woman, one worthy of emulation. There are so many parts to a mother. But I suppose a good portion of my mothering capabilities were handed down to me from my mother's example and I thank her for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment