Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Homeade Valentines

Want to know more about our inside activities? You've come to the right place.

A few years ago Melanie gave us this really cool vase for Christmas and I've never found the right way to use it until now. I wanted to make a fun Valentine's arrangement using wooden hearts but I couldn't find anything in the stores that fit just right.
Homeade Cuts
So we decided to make our own. We borrowed a jigsaw from Bill (Mike's Brother). We bought a thin square piece of wood and cut out hearts.
Stacked
Then we spent time stacking and sanding the hearts.
All 25 Hearts
And playing with them of course, that was the MOST fun.
Finished!
Finally we spray painted them, glued them to popsicle sticks, and then individualized them with more paint.

It was a fun Homeade Valentine Decoration that we will use over and over.

I'll post more about our other inside activities soon!

2 comments:

Dana said...

That really is a cool vase!

Anonymous said...

Those are soooo cute!