
One snowy day after only having been out of the house once in an entire week, I begged Mike to take us to the movies.

This is something that only happens about once a year in our family. Last year it was on Halloween day. This year we put on our Santa hats. (I made these last year for the kids) and headed off. Stuart was already asleep. We watched the new Narnia movie and everyone loved it except Stuart.
I took him out to get some extra pop during the most exciting part of the movie and somehow between holding his hand and opening the door I dropped the cup and it went everywhere. We went to get some more and didn't realize that there was now a hole in the cup so the last fifteen minutes we drank and leaked sprite everywhere. Oh well, its just once a year. Now I gotta watch that movie again to find out what happened at the end. At least I have good storytellers that told me all about it on the way home.

We also made candy. I had excellent helpers who decided they like the way Stuart looked after he licked the bowl so they had a face painting party. It took warm baths to get all this chocolate off.

We opened presents from friends and loved ones. These are the pillow pets that the kids had been asking for, for a very long time. (I wasn't giving in...a friend did!)

And of course, we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at Mom-maw's. Josiah has a Santa light spinner and a dog from his parents and his Aunt Rosa has an ornament the kids gave to her. We came home in the afternoon and opened our other presents. Stuart was so excited when he saw all the presents under the tree he went and grabbed the first one he could find. Thankfully, it had his name on it, but I made him wait until Mike was ready to join us and by the time he dug in his whole body was trembling and continued to do so for the first three or four presents he opened.
Goldie and Josiah also enjoyed the celebration and have asked repeatedly if we can have another Christmas next week. We had a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic time together. We hope your holiday celebrations were as magical as ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment